Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Can I get some feedback on a track/idea I've been working on?
minimariobros64
Raver behaviour
****




Posts: 142
Registered: 24-9-2013
Location: United Kingdom
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 12-9-2014 at 23:59
Can I get some feedback on a track/idea I've been working on?


https://soundcloud.com/minimario/untitled-wip-track/s-0G1eE

Pretty early stages right now (only the drop, 10 second mix)

Hope to get it released before the end of the year (keep watch on that beatport #1 space xD)

Just wanted some feedback on whether it's any good or not/feedback on anything else (listened to too many bangers and lost my sense of judgement)

Is this even the right place for posting something like this?
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrislawrance
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1506
Registered: 4-1-2010
Location: Essex, UK
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 13-9-2014 at 17:23


That's a lot better then I was expecting. Great jungle vibe



http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3693
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 13-9-2014 at 23:28


Can't listen this second (no headphones and my laptop speakers aren't good enough to judge well) but there is an area called "The Musician's studio" that is perfect for this sort of post!



View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
minimariobros64
Raver behaviour
****




Posts: 142
Registered: 24-9-2013
Location: United Kingdom
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 13-9-2014 at 23:42


Quote:
Originally posted by celldwellerwannabe
Can't listen this second (no headphones and my laptop speakers aren't good enough to judge well) but there is an area called "The Musician's studio" that is perfect for this sort of post!


Ok :) it was either gonna be here or there
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
minimariobros64
Raver behaviour
****




Posts: 142
Registered: 24-9-2013
Location: United Kingdom
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 13-9-2014 at 23:42


Quote:
Originally posted by chrislawrance
That's a lot better then I was expecting. Great jungle vibe


thanks
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3693
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 14-9-2014 at 09:37


Right. I like it, but it needs a lot of polishing. The snares feel a bit tinny, it sounds like they've been EQ'ed too much/not enough. The little drum break just before the drop is way too loud, takes away from the punch of the drop. Equally, the bass in the build up takes away from the drop, as the build up should be making you anticipate the bass but you've got it there already. Maybe add some high pitched synths? Idk how the jungle thing is going right now, but to me it just feels like its very bass heavy (apart from those snares, which I would have expected to be lower pitched anyway)

Hope some of that helps!




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kregore_zmc
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 610
Registered: 27-1-2012
Member Is Offline

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 14-9-2014 at 10:58


Sounds good. Imo drums need more mastering. Lead synth would sound good if you made it a bit more open, vivid (dunno how to describe that)
P.S
Pro tip: If you want to make jungle tracks and don't want to start from scratch, I recommend you sampling some loops from "KJ Sawka in his basement" vid. A real gold mine in terms of jungle beats.




me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
minimariobros64
Raver behaviour
****




Posts: 142
Registered: 24-9-2013
Location: United Kingdom
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 14-9-2014 at 11:16


Quote:
Originally posted by celldwellerwannabe
Right. I like it, but it needs a lot of polishing. The snares feel a bit tinny, it sounds like they've been EQ'ed too much/not enough. The little drum break just before the drop is way too loud, takes away from the punch of the drop. Equally, the bass in the build up takes away from the drop, as the build up should be making you anticipate the bass but you've got it there already. Maybe add some high pitched synths? Idk how the jungle thing is going right now, but to me it just feels like its very bass heavy (apart from those snares, which I would have expected to be lower pitched anyway)

Hope some of that helps!


thanks :)
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
minimariobros64
Raver behaviour
****




Posts: 142
Registered: 24-9-2013
Location: United Kingdom
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 14-9-2014 at 11:21


Quote:
Originally posted by kregore_zmc
Sounds good. Imo drums need more mastering. Lead synth would sound good if you made it a bit more open, vivid (dunno how to describe that)
P.S
Pro tip: If you want to make jungle tracks and don't want to start from scratch, I recommend you sampling some loops from "KJ Sawka in his basement" vid. A real gold mine in terms of jungle beats.


thanks. Yeah I thought of sampling something from there but I like to have the individual samples and sequence the drums myself. I've got ex-pend samples and I've just been using them until I can find something better
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
TheGlitchGuy957
Junglist
*****


Avatar


Posts: 252
Registered: 7-12-2014
Location: Another Planet
Member Is Offline

Mood: Still Grey

[*] posted on 29-12-2014 at 05:29


The Soundcloud Link Is Dead. Pop Up Window Says It Can't Find The Song Being Searched For. I Would Like To Hear This Though.



Time Is The Future...

Abandon Ship, Reconnect, And Begin Again...


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UNMvLRgjw_A/TDrxAW6QRgI/AAAAAAAAAFg/-7dT9uPMikI/s1600/pendulum_logo.png
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

  Go To Top

Powered by XMB
Developed By  The XMB Group © 2001-2008
Pendulum live content includes - Pendulum dj sets, Pendulum live performance, Band Members Rob Swire (vocals/synth/producer),Gareth McGrillen (bass guitar/producer/DJ),Perry Ap-Gwynedd (guitar),Paul 'El Hornet' Harding (DJ),Kodish (drums),Record Label Ear Storm,Management Jho Oakley (General),John Fairs (Live),Agent Solomon Parker (Live),Obi Asika (DJ), slam, fasten your seatbelt, out here, blood sugar, granite, propane, hold your colour, tarantula, girl in the fire, another planet, * Breakbeat Kaos Present - Junglesound II - The Bassline Strikes Back (Fresh & Pendulum :: Kingston Vampires & Pendulum :: Masochist) * The Sideshow EP (Pendulum :: Toxic Shock) * Just A Ride [Adam F & Pendulum RMX] / [Fatboy Slim RMX] * Paranoia EP (Trail Of Sevens) * Pack Of Wolves [Pendulum RMX] / [Matrix RMX] * Pendulum / Concord Dawn Function (Tonite [Pendulum RMX] / Apollo 13) * Vault, (2003)* Spiral / Ulterior Motive, (2003)* Back To You / Still Grey, (2004)* Another Planet / Voyager, (2004) #46 UK* Submarines (Pendulum Remix)/ Submarines, DJ Fresh, (2004)* Bacteria (Pendulum Remix), Ed Rush & Optical, (2005)* Guns At Dawn, DJ Baron featuring Pendulum, (2005) #71 UK* Tarantula / Fasten Your Seatbelt, (Tarantula - Pendulum & Fresh featuring Spyda. Fasten Your Seatbelt - Pendulum featuring The Freestylers, (2005) #60 UK * Slam / Out Here, (2005) #34 UK * Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix), The Prodigy, (2005) #20 UK * Hold Your Colour (Bi-Polar Remix) / Streamline, (2006) * Painkiller / Jump N Twist, Pendulum vs The Freestylers feat. Sir Real, (2006) * Blood Sugar/Axle Grinder, (2007) #62 UK * Granite, (2007) #29 UK * Propane Nightmare, (2007) ollie martin,underground-music.co.uk, pendulumlive.com, myspace.com/pendulumlivecommunity

[Queries: 16] [PHP: 8.3% - SQL: 91.7%]