Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Chances of Pendulum returning as a live band..
Visions
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 00:59
Chances of Pendulum returning as a live band..

Although it appears we will have the pleasure of new Pendulum music sometime in the future, it would seem daft just to play the new stuff via the format of DJ Sets? I imagine, if there is unanimously no return to the full Pendulum live band, DJ sets are all we will get.

It all seems to add up, Rob's new studio, the band members don't appear to have fallen out and surely they would make a killing off another tour.

Personally I would fucking love another Pendulum tour as I am yet to actually see them live, which is really gutting haha!

Sadly however, it appears as if Pendulum as a live band wont be appearing anyhwere anytime soon :(

I was just wanting to spark a bit of a discussion. Will Pendulum do live shows again? Or is Pendulum Live a thing of the past?

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 14:19

If they do reappear it'll be in a completely different form. The tech has been sold and if anything it was outdated. It'd be interesting to see what pendulum could come up with now with new technology.

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Visions
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 15:15

That's true, maybe it could be a stripped back live performance, or it might be a all new amazing one

kregore_zmc
DnB editor

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 19:07

New album first, then some dj sets together (like Matter) and maybe they will feel hungry for live performances :) Dissolving Knife Party and going back to Pendulum would be really sweet. I know that's not real, but there's always hope

me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
Visions
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 28-1-2014 at 19:37

Would love that, I loved hearing all the demos of new pend stuff live from matter, I remember staying up til 2AM for the stream haha, good times :)

kregore_zmc
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 14:17

^ same here :)

me on:
javapalava
Super Moderator

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 22:23

Of course it would be great to see Pendulum playing live again but I don't like guessing games :crazy:

For everything that could have been, well at least we took the ride....
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 22:27

The Matter stream was fantastic, I can still remember most of the setlist, and the original versions of the Immersion tracks were really interesting to hear. Personally I like hearing the evolution of songs, and it was fab to hear it from Pendulum.

I don't believe that the Pendulum Live show will appear until next year at the earliest. However, I do think it is quite likely that the DJ set will make an appearance at Ultra this year. Last year several big names weren't revealed until Phase Three of the reveal, and I could see a DJ set like Matter, an album reveal that is, being a headline slot. And Knife Party haven't been revealed as on the setlist, so it is more believable

Visions
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 29-1-2014 at 22:51

^Good point about the Ultra lineup! I'm just going to be happy for new pendulum music! If we get another tour with the band I will be beyond happy as Pendulum are one of my favourite bands of all time.

celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 17:55

On the Ultra lineup point, Phase 2 was revealed yesterday, and still no Knife Party. There is a chance still. And I wouldn't be surprised if Rob surprises us with a tweet that he is going the play a new track on Zane Lowe's show before the Phase 3 reveal, and then have an album launch at Ultra as Avicii did last year. It would be huge

Visions
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 30-1-2014 at 18:30

Proper exciting me now with all this speculation haha

celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 31-1-2014 at 19:06

Haha just hope I don't get your hopes up too much, it's only a chance!

kregore_zmc
DnB editor

[*] posted on 31-1-2014 at 22:27

I noticed that Kevin has been sharing many new drum loops on his Facebook page recently and claims that he will make more. Most of them are above 140 bpm and don't fit into Destroid's stuff. My conclusion is: he is warming up for 174 bpm :smirk:

me on:
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 31-1-2014 at 22:47

Haha yes, that is the only answer!

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 12:39

I'm gonna say that pendulum is gonna happen. The behaviour from everyone suggests they are ready for a new album. Still not sure about the live band though. I'd spend ridiculous amounts of money to see them live 1 more time though

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 1-2-2014 at 14:03

I agree. Everyone is acting as if there is something happening. It's just a case of when. They could take the next year to write an album's worth of good material, we need only to look at Rob's twitter to see that he feels his writing standard has gone downhill, he said himself that he has written the first song that he felt truly happy with since the last album, and three years away from writing songs is a long time. But given the deadlines they have set I would hope that we will get stuff earlier than that. The Live band though? I certainly don't think we will get that for a while. At the earliest, this time next year I would have said, but more likely they will appear for festivals next year. That would be a nice come back, rocking the fields at Glastonbury once again

Go To Top