Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Pendulum's political beliefs
user123
Bass junkie

[*] posted on 12-1-2014 at 19:32
Pendulum's political beliefs

Now of course I don't want to start a political discussion, because this is clearly a music forum. But ever wondered about, let's say Rob's political standing? His tunes certainly don't have any political messages, but whoever checks out his twitter will find out he is quite active.

He has mentioned Kim Dotcom, UK Pirate Party, Anonymous, Alec Empire (from the German band Atari Teenage Riot) who is an anarchist and has strongly disapproved ACTA and SOPA in the past and now he has just retweeted a tweet about NSA.

javapalava
Super Moderator

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 13-1-2014 at 19:19

Hmmmm politics have always featured in music...Billy Bragg, The Levellers, & Enter Shikari to name a few.
I don't mean to sound patronising but if you are genuinely interested in politics, form your own opinion don't be influenced by music stars.

For everything that could have been, well at least we took the ride....
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 13-1-2014 at 19:23

I tend to stay away from politics because most politicians are utter twats, and I get annoyed by their voices, but yeah, I have strong opinions, so I wouldn't take my way of doing things as a handbook

user123
Bass junkie

[*] posted on 13-1-2014 at 20:58

I agree with both of you.

kregore_zmc
DnB editor

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 13-1-2014 at 22:02

nope nope nope nope. Pendulum should focus on music, not go into politics. Everyone has their concept of politics (even hating it is an option) but I personally disapprove of musicians forcing political ideas into their music. This sometimes leads to support certain political parties. I wouldnt want to percieve my favourite music group in the light of some politics in the future. Hope that you share my point of view

me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 14-1-2014 at 20:31

^While I agree with you, sometimes overtly political songs can be good things. For example, Depeche Mode's "People Are People" is a fine example of an anti-hate, anti-racism, anti-whatever song, that does have a strong political message, but is also a damn good tune. But if every song was trying to manipulate you into thinking in a certain way... that's not a good thing

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Cscript' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';' in /homepages/0/d429656469/htdocs/pendulumlive/pendulumlive/files/viewthread.php(663) : eval()'d code on line 63