Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Most hilarious Pendulum interview. Toazted.
Beetlejuice
From The Other Side

Mood: .:IMMERSED:.

[*] posted on 17-4-2012 at 19:50
Most hilarious Pendulum interview. Toazted.

I remember watching this about 3/4 years ago, couldn't find it anywhere, and now it's reuploaded. Have fun)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwhOm0tKyvA&feature=relmfu

...Fading Gently, Soaking through, Just Started Not to show at All...
...We reaching out and Into You, Nothing else Can Touch Me...

http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/zum89/_myphoto/i-363.jpg
http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/zum89/_myphoto/i-350.jpg
http://content.foto.mail.ru/mail/zum89/_myphoto/i-351.jpg
..."Many people hear that and say "Oh yeah, i like that nice catchy tune!"
It's not meant to be "Catchy", It's meant to sound like fucking apocalypse."
(c) Rob Swire about synth lead lines (FutureMusic Studio Interview)...
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Krakatoa_Coo
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 17-4-2012 at 20:13

Hilarious! :thumbup:

View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
gong
Junglist

[*] posted on 17-4-2012 at 22:11

I got about 30 seconds into it & had to stop. Too painful.
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 17-4-2012 at 22:24

OMG. This can't be real.
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 17-4-2012 at 22:28

Props to the interviewer for not just saying "screw you" and walking out.
JC2
DnB editor

[*] posted on 18-4-2012 at 00:11

Excruciating. Some of the questions deserved the answer they received though. It's strange hearing them talk about playing live being superior to DJing, look at them now.

Krakatoa_Coo
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 18-4-2012 at 02:04

I did find it painful to watch, since you can tell they clearly do not wish to answer the interviewer...

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 18-4-2012 at 16:33

you wanna get that? nope

is it hard to combine singing and doing synthesisers? naaaaaaaa

LOLOLOLOL

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 18-4-2012 at 16:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NsBIWHoNng

RaGeQuaKe
Drifter

[*] posted on 18-4-2012 at 20:33

Oh man this was hard to watch but I was laughing pretty much the whole time....sooo....awkward.....

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z84/Bequinta/PENDULUM.jpg
dafo93
DnB editor

[*] posted on 18-4-2012 at 21:52

that random zoom into gareth's sunglasses killed me

celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 19-4-2012 at 18:56

"No one wants to be lazy"... Rob shakes his head =D

"Whats your role in the band?" "Bass Guitar..." "Do you find that hard?" "It's very hard, cause i'm an idiot..." =D

In Chris' video, "I thought we were lovely!" =D

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 19-4-2012 at 23:28

It's like they are trying to one up each other in sarcasm

Ash
PLC News Editor

Mood: *Running On Relentless

[*] posted on 20-4-2012 at 01:58

Guide to how to come across as a spoiled child....

Why i like and loath the guys in equal measure and why ive switched off from Knife Party.

You could tell Gareth was embarrassed to have to sit next to rob all the way up on his diva horse.

If you dont want to do the interview fine, but dont agree to and sit there and do that. Realising how stupid he looked half way through glad he decided too cheer up. Obviously im sick of hearing journos ask the same bollocks questions, and they clearly arent the most media darling pair of guys in the world and they could of had a shit day but I dont know, think some things are just one bit of arrogance too far and this was one. Fair play to the interviewer for not telling them fuck off as it was not just unprofessional but a bit unfair and pretty rude.

And you know what the funny thing is, they spend 10 minutes slating DJing because it suited them at the time, "we're a live band" etc etc, now its cool to be a DJ and hang around with DJ friends making elektro. And guess what they're doing now....

Lets face it they didn't like making music for the radio and slightly fucked up Pendulum, with albums that were hit and miss and bad decisions on how they marketed themselves. Of course they are on a new project but it feels like theyre now trying hard to disassociate themselves from that name.

Rob and Gaz are very talented and can create some incredible music when they go outside the box (tempest, im not alone (remix), immigrant song (remix), the infamous early version of Watercolour) I cant help but think their direction at times hasn't been the best with tracks theyve put out, the way and which theyve been marketed and how quick the turn around was between albums/tours etc and loads of other things ive said in another thread.

Granted I have little idea of what it takes to be in the music business and its very easy for me to write all this, im not committing yourself to hard working putting in the incredible live performances night after night, which they most definitely did. And did for 5 years! But somewhere along the way it was clear they lost the thing that made them enjoy making and sharing music. My guess is the music industry, pressure of having to out do yourselves and their own massive growth in popularity in themselves, and the band into wider culture.

The knife party thing is interesting for me to dip into from time to time. They've made some great tracks, Internet Friends, Save The World (remix) and The Box? being some stand out tracks for me. But when im reminded of shit like this and some of comments which feel a bit hypocritical cant help but think is it them being a bit precious or where did it all go wrong?

Perhaps they just fancied going back into DJing as its the only medium for their new music. Of course we can all have a change of heart, or is it a "live" set up in the Sub Focus sense of the word they are carting round now. It was certainly Pioneers at first either way, the switch in opinion over a few years is certainly an interesting one.

None the less at least the DJing and Knife Party project seems to be going well and they seem to enjoy making music again and all it entails.

But in all honesty I wonder how long this will last till the same things happen again and they go back to making metal.

The clock is ticking gents

ollie
Pendulum Webmaster

Mood: Needledrop Sound

[*] posted on 20-4-2012 at 11:35

Wow some peeps are still really passionate on here! Like what you like, hate what you hate but no need for the rant. I guess it just shows how much Pendulum meant to some fans which is pretty cool.

My advice, try to consume your music like a DJ i.e. like a tool. Use it for your enjoyment / work / pleasure but just dont play / dig it when its shit or passed its sell by date. After all thats why all producers make new music because its not like you can submit a #1 again and pretend no ones heard it :P. You either like or dislike a track due to personal pref and everyone cant like everything on offer.

I just want to see good producers like Rob try lots of different stuff. I.e. rude boi, self vs self, the island, vault, internet friends and propane nightmares. All very different stuff im sure your agree.

So yer dont let this passion you once had fuck you over like an ex gf turned super whore..

Martin & Rhoades audio examples - http://bit.ly/1PlWENI
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 20-4-2012 at 11:56

I can't help but think we're all a little bit bitter that Rob just decided to say "fuck you" to Pendulum.... no matter what the reasons, we're all going to miss them until / if / they come back.
gong
Junglist

[*] posted on 20-4-2012 at 12:52

A rolling stone gathers no moss is an adage they seem to live by. This is especially important because they're part of the internet/home pc generation; one that has the attention span of an ADHD 5 year old.
javapalava
Super Moderator

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 21-4-2012 at 16:41

another Toazted video following on from the first one, in which Gaz does explain the apparent lack of interest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NsBIWHoNng&feature=relmfu

For everything that could have been, well at least we took the ride....
Cam132
Glowstick

[*] posted on 22-4-2012 at 01:41

Quote:
Originally posted by Ash
Perhaps they just fancied going back into DJing as its the only medium for their new music. Of course we can all have a change of heart, or is it a "live" set up in the Sub Focus sense of the word they are carting round now. It was certainly Pioneers at first either way, the switch in opinion over a few years is certainly an interesting one.

They started playing shows with the CDJs while they were working out a more elaborate 'live' set. I'm pretty sure they did end up creating some kind of 'live' set and may have used it once or twice but have gone back to using the CDJs because, as Rob said on twitter, he enjoys performing live but the crowd don't give a fuck whether you're working your ass off or just mixing between two tracks so there was no point in some elaborate set up when they could just use CDJs.

I love the interview too, couldn't stop laughing :smilegrin:
Helegad
Bass junkie

[*] posted on 23-4-2012 at 08:27

Really hard to watch that one :P

Is Rob a bit of a natural prick?
4erepawko
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 21-10-2014 at 14:02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrqhibdUzcw

has anyone posted it somewhere in here? if so, I haven't seen it, so I apologise in advance. anyway, pretty much sums it up about the general hatred towards the reporters & interviews.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Cscript' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';' in /homepages/0/d429656469/htdocs/pendulumlive/pendulumlive/files/viewthread.php(663) : eval()'d code on line 63