Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  ..  6  7  8
Author: Subject: Future of Pendulum as a live band
teRsi
Drifter

Mood: Salt In The Wounds

[*] posted on 21-6-2012 at 14:49

I'm fucking angry now, this is so shit. Knife Party is awesome but still they (Pendulum) don't have to break up. I've seen them twice (LIVE) and also I've seen their DJ-sets twice.

I just already imagined a couple of weeks ago that I'll see them LIVE again next year, but... Immersion was their breakthrough, and then after some year, it's end? No mention in the official website, facebook, just via twitter / some shitty interview, no opinions from other band members. Very un-professional.

Sorry for my whining, but I'm really, really, really pissed. Well, that's normal behavior from Rob. He is talented, but sometimes still so annoying. Hopefully they'll be back in 10 years. They really had potential to become even bigger. Fuck. Sorry and thanks!

18/06/10 @ Provinssirock, Seinäjoki !
18/12/10 @ Cable Factory, Helsinki !
18/06/11 @ Provinssirock, Seinäjoki !

In a trail of fire I know we will be free again
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
bellis_01
Bass junkie

Mood: Impatiently awaiting Ransom

[*] posted on 21-6-2012 at 17:36

''I like Knife Party as much as the next electronic music enthusiast. However for me (and this is just my opinion) there is nothing special about them. Nothing original. It’s just another jump into the already house/dubstep infested electronic music scene we see today.''

This, seems like they're just cashing in on the latest fad.
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 21-6-2012 at 18:35

Quote:
Originally posted by bellis_01

This, seems like they're just cashing in on the latest fad.

They are but they're not because I think it goes so far above and beyond what anyone else is doing. Rob just has a certain "style" that's so far superior to everything else out there. I was listening to deadmau5 today (who I love) and his production just sounded cheap and shitty. I dunno, I just think while it may be called house or dubstep, it doesn't sound like anyone else.
kregore_zmc
DnB editor

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 14:28

Rob does not want to make music for Pendulum anymore? I can bear that, but elhornet could drop some new tunes along with Ben, that would go back to the roots etc. Real fans will appreciate it

me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
teRsi
Drifter

Mood: Salt In The Wounds

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 16:21

They (Rob) really back stabbed fans. Think about elhornet, no new stuff anymore (if he don't do it himself) to play in gigs. Get the major label or something (if Rob's biggest problem is really MONEY), 5 years ago most of the current fans had never heard Pendulum I bet.

This doesn't have anything with Pendulum, but System Of A Down went to hiatus in 2006, they did own stuffs like 5 years and they returned in 2011. I really hoped Pendulum would do the same.

This feels so good to write these feelings for some kind of place where people knows what's going on :D

18/06/10 @ Provinssirock, Seinäjoki !
18/12/10 @ Cable Factory, Helsinki !
18/06/11 @ Provinssirock, Seinäjoki !

In a trail of fire I know we will be free again
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
kregore_zmc
DnB editor

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 17:08

Quote:
Originally posted by teRsi
They (Rob) really back stabbed fans. Think about elhornet, no new stuff anymore (if he don't do it himself) to play in gigs. Get the major label or something (if Rob's biggest problem is really MONEY), 5 years ago most of the current fans had never heard Pendulum I bet.

This doesn't have anything with Pendulum, but System Of A Down went to hiatus in 2006, they did own stuffs like 5 years and they returned in 2011. I really hoped Pendulum would do the same.

This feels so good to write these feelings for some kind of place where people knows what's going on :D

we already figured that out :spin:

me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
Fuct
"shirt off your back!"

Mood: Not a Human Doing, Not a Human Thinking, A Human Being.

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 17:58

Quote:
Originally posted by kregore_zmc
Rob does not want to make music for Pendulum anymore? I can bear that, but elhornet could drop some new tunes along with Ben, that would go back to the roots etc. Real fans will appreciate it

Not going to happen. Paul doesn't produce or write for Pendulum, he just acts as a DJ.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/1042/fuctplcsigcopytk5.jpg
The best way to predict the future, is to invent it.
PandaStew
Drifter

[*] posted on 23-6-2012 at 00:36

Quote:
Originally posted by teRsi

A lot of you are acting really entitled.

Hes a human being that can do what he wants to.
Its not like he asked you for money for some fourth album, and then dropped out of pendulum.

I would rather him do music with what he wants then stuck making music he doesn't want to.

Stop acting like a musician owes it to you to make music.
RaGeQuaKe
Drifter

[*] posted on 23-6-2012 at 01:33

Quote:
Originally posted by PandaStew

A lot of you are acting really entitled.

Hes a human being that can do what he wants to.
Its not like he asked you for money for some fourth album, and then dropped out of pendulum.

I would rather him do music with what he wants then stuck making music he doesn't want to.

Stop acting like a musician owes it to you to make music.

You don't get it do you....

I, personally, never complained that he's doing Knife Party instead. No one should ever be forced into a band they don't want to be in. The problem is how Rob treats his fans. No fan should be told to "fuck off" when they say how much they miss Pendulum. EVEN IF the fan COMMANDS he goes back to Pendulum (which isn't a nice thing to do) they, In my eyes, STILL should NEVER be told in response:

"fuck off"

"nobody except your parents gives a fuck what you think."

"get back inside your mother's womb with a loaded shotgun, and go out the same way you came in."

"I block 6-8 people a day."

"There are a lot of butthurt Pendulum fans, what can I say...the more shit they talk, the better I feel about shutting it down ;)"

(those are all real tweets I copy/pasted)

What kind of person talks to their fans like that? A fucking sociopath with obvious deep-seated social issues, that's who. Rob is very bitter and hateful person, despite his musical talent.

And don't ANY OF YOU tell me they deserved the responses Rob gave to people on twitter. Also, don't give me any BS about how he is "a real guy" or "just sayin it how it is" or "speaking his mind", It's called BEING A DICK TO PEOPLE. Unless its a direct insult, threat, or harassment, he is WAY out of line talking to people like that. He's an asshole, plain and simple.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z84/Bequinta/PENDULUM.jpg
Ash
PLC News Editor

Mood: *Running On Relentless

[*] posted on 23-6-2012 at 15:28

Quote:
Originally posted by RaGeQuaKe

What kind of person talks to their fans like that? A fucking sociopath with obvious deep-seated social issues, that's who. Rob is very bitter and hateful person, despite his musical talent.

This. Its the be all and end all folks. Rob hates the popularity, rob hates feeling like hes being forced to do something. Acts on a whim. Thats it, he's a selfish fuck but thats him im afraid. Thinks of himself only but who can blame him, just his selfishness affects more people than most thats all.

He made Pendulum main stream and imho the music lost its way and he went into self loathing, hes now taking that out on those fans who jumped on the band wagon because he can. Simple

Redensek
Bass junkie

[*] posted on 23-6-2012 at 16:07

Quote:
Originally posted by Ash
Quote:

This. Its the be all and end all folks. Rob hates the popularity, rob hates feeling like hes being forced to do something. Acts on a whim. Thats it, he's a selfish fuck but thats him im afraid. Thinks of himself only but who can blame him, just his selfishness affects more people than most thats all.

He made Pendulum main stream and imho the music lost its way and he went into self loathing, hes now taking that out on those fans who jumped on the band wagon because he can. Simple

Care to elaborate? I wasn't part of the community in the early-ish days of Pendulum. What happened? I know of the shift from full-on DnB to a more rock related hybrid...

http://i55.tinypic.com/8wy2hy.gif
Salt in the Wounds = Sticking your finger with a paper cut in a crisp packet.
Doncaster Dome - 22/5/2010
Newcastle Metro Radio Arena - 9/12/2010
Their eyes were open, but still, they were blind
BastSk
Glowstick

[*] posted on 23-6-2012 at 23:31

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread already, probably not, so anyway, I just found this: At the bottom it says: ''We're not splitting up or anything like that. We're literally just trying to force everyone to take a holiday from Pendulum so we can get re-inspired again''

Did they really change their minds that much since then?

If not, why are so many people talking like they have split forever?
Seriously.

If they are having more fun as Knife Party right now, let them do so. No one should ever push them into doing Pendulum stuff when they don't feel like it at the moment. I think that would end up with a mediocre record and fas would be bitching that their previous works were better.

Also, my opinion on the lie band thing: I think that when they start making new Pendulum tracks, they will want to go out and tour with it. (It's only my opinion, so it doesn't have to be that way at all.)

As Gaz said, they should get a holiday, and when they are ready to come back, I'm think they will do more of Pendulum stuff. (Can't wait for thet moment. Don't get me wrong, I really like Knife Party, but Pendulum is something really special.)

:yes:

Don't hide, baby, show them just how deep it goes...
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 24-6-2012 at 00:01

Quote:
Originally posted by BastSk
I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread already, probably not, so anyway, I just found this: At the bottom it says: ''We're not splitting up or anything like that. We're literally just trying to force everyone to take a holiday from Pendulum so we can get re-inspired again''

Source?
RaGeQuaKe
Drifter

[*] posted on 24-6-2012 at 02:25

SOURCE: http://www.inthemix.com.au/features/51906/Pendulum_Homecoming_heroes

Dude you got me super excited by posting that, BUUUUTT it turns out Gareth said that back in December....wich means it's not credible at all anymore. They have changed their minds a LOT since then. In fact, he was still calling KP a "side project" in that interview....yeah it's an old-ass interview....

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z84/Bequinta/PENDULUM.jpg
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 25-6-2012 at 16:30

Quote:
SOURCE: http://www.inthemix.com.au/features/51906/Pendulum_Homecoming_heroes

Dude you got me super excited by posting that, BUUUUTT it turns out Gareth said that back in December....wich means it's not credible at all anymore. They have changed their minds a LOT since then. In fact, he was still calling KP a "side project" in that interview....yeah it's an old-ass interview....

I'm still not sure this decision was anyone's but Rob's. If Rob doesn't want to do Pendulum anymore, Pendulum doesn't exist. I haven't heard anyone else in the band convince me otherwise.
SpooForBrains
Glowstick

[*] posted on 25-6-2012 at 18:35

Ever since I found out about this I keep coming back to it and reading the interviews and whatnot, and it's like poking a wound. I should just accept that for now Pendulum as a live band is done for now, and move on.

Also, I should never read anything posted online about Pendulum ever, because they inspire ire and hatred like no other band I've ever known!

"Doot doo doot doot doo, derderlederderder"
Contakt
Glowstick

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 16:20

El Hornet has made some killer tunes in the past, "Everything's Blue" being one of them but I think if he releases any tunes it will be under his own name as his stuff sounds more like the 2004 era stuff.

I remember on the Star Wipe download on SC the description said something like "This is the intro from the Brixton show, it's one of 80 tracks that didn't make it onto the album".

If Rob has so much unused material from all three albums maybe he will give Paul some to play out and possibly even release as one off free downloads or whatever. I think that "No One Knows" tune was an unreleased one that didn't make it onto HYC, I imagine there are some absolute gems collecting dust in the Pendulum studio!
javapalava
Super Moderator

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 16:38

Now that would be good!

For everything that could have been, well at least we took the ride....
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 21:31

Quote:
Originally posted by Contakt
I think that "No One Knows" tune was an unreleased one that didn't make it onto HYC,

You are correct. It wasnt going to be released, then Rob said he would giv eit away if a single, cant remember which, did well. It didnt. So he didnt. Then released it anyway

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 21:45

Quote:
Originally posted by celldwellerwannabe
Quote:
Originally posted by Contakt
I think that "No One Knows" tune was an unreleased one that didn't make it onto HYC,

You are correct. It wasnt going to be released, then Rob said he would giv eit away if a single, cant remember which, did well. It didnt. So he didnt. Then released it anyway
I believe it was slam. Which did do well so he released it.

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 8-7-2012 at 11:12

^Ah cool, thanks for the correction!

Pages:  1  ..  6  7  8

Go To Top