Author: Subject: Future of Pendulum as a live band
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:21

Quote:
Originally posted by kopiikat
Quote:
Originally posted by JC2
I think I saw on it Twitter a few days ago that Rob and Gaz are planning on moving to New York at some point. Don't hold me to that though.

Yeah, a few weeks back, Rob said something about wanting to leave London, and NY was on the list of places preferred. (As someone who lives in NY, I have no problem with this.) Then there was that tweet about getting married for Visa purposes... Then again, he also said a day ago that London felt like home for the first time in 9 years. Rob definitely changes his mind a lot.

Back on topic, though... It seems that if they have broken up, Rob is the only one that's aware of it.

Check out this tweet from Perry, or this one from KJ. Plus, Gareth still hasn't removed "Pendulum" from his profile, Paul is clearly named "elhornetpendulum"...

UPDATE FROM WHILE I WAS STILL WRITING THIS:

GUYS: https://twitter.com/#!/Perryguitar666/status/185505032085585920

Could Perry be the voice of reason...?

Also, Rob said he can't say anything for "legal reasons." I'd imagine that goes for all of them.
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:26

This is Confusing. Maybe rob is saying it to shut everyone up

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
kopiikat
Glowstick

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:31

Quote:
Originally posted by chrislawrance

Heh, well, that backfired, then...
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:43

Quote:
Quote:

Heh, well, that backfired, then...
Maybe ATM but given a few days people won't question him about pendulum anymore

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 01:06

I think Rob needs a PR person or spokesman or something. Sometimes he just says the wrong things ;)
Nil
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 01:58

Quote:
Originalmente escrito por chrislawrance
Maybe rob is saying it to shut everyone up

that's my thought.

remember when he said that the files of Ransom were 'erased'?
javapalava
Super Moderator

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 08:32

Aaaaaahhhh all is peaceful again. ;)

For everything that could have been, well at least we took the ride....
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 12:01

Quote:
Originally posted by Nil
Quote:

that's my thought.

I'm still not buying it. :(
kregore_zmc
DnB editor

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 13:57

Quote:
Originally posted by Rottenspice
I think Rob needs a PR person or spokesman or something. Sometimes he just says the wrong things ;)

yea definitely, he is mumbling several different things at one time, then no wonder why we are confused :)
btw I liked that Perry's tweet "Fuck NO!" - clear and smooth to me :smilegrin:

me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 18:27

Quote:
Originally posted by Nil
Quote:

that's my thought.

remember when he said that the files of Ransom were 'erased'?

Thats my exact thoughts! So i'm not worrying! If there is an official announcement, or one of the other 5 mentions it, then i'll start shitting myself

Its terrible timing for me though. I had been going through a no-pendulum phase as I got more and more into House music, then on wednesday night at my schools "Performing Arts Evening" I was chilling backstage with people I dont know just rocking out to Pendulum songs. Havent listened to anything but Immersion all day, and not because I think we won't get more new music!

Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 18:29

You guys are very optimistic.... I'm not getting my hopes up just in case.
Ninjafar
Drifter

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 20:08

CLEARLY this is all a prank until April 1st when they say they are officially going to break up, then the next day say it was all a clever trick to fool all of us!

Right?

Right?

Right? :C
dafo93
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 23:55

Seems to me like he's just trying to shut up the fans, like he did with Ransom before. Yeah it sucks that they aren't gonna release any new material for a while, but people's music tastes and influences change with time, so it's natural that they should want to explore new avenues and I don't blame them for it.

Quote:
Originally posted by javapalava
Live shows don't make money!!!

Are you kidding me? I'd be willing to bet that their main source of income over the past three years has been their appearances on the festival circuits along with touring. If live shows weren't profitable, they wouldn't have scheduled two UK tours in 2010, let alone European / worldwide shows.

JC2
DnB editor

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 00:02

Yeah live performance is where the money is at these days. You can't torrent a live experience!

Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 00:02

Quote:
Originally posted by dafo93
Seems to me like he's just trying to shut up the fans, like he did with Ransom before. Yeah it sucks that they aren't gonna release any new material for a while, but people's music tastes and influences change with time, so it's natural that they should want to explore new avenues and I don't blame them for it.

Quote:

Are you kidding me? I'd be willing to bet that their main source of income over the past three years has been their appearances on the festival circuits along with touring. If live shows weren't profitable, they wouldn't have scheduled two UK tours in 2010, let alone European / worldwide shows.

Rob was going on and on the other day about losing 5000/10000 per show for a year. I'm not sure if that was hypothetical or if he was actually using facts. He did say that he lost a lot of money doing the live show thing, which is why he wants to DJ for a while. He doesn't think the audience can tell the difference anyway.
dafo93
DnB editor

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 00:09

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Rob was going on and on the other day about losing 5000/10000 per show for a year. I'm not sure if that was hypothetical or if he was actually using facts. He did say that he lost a lot of money doing the live show thing, which is why he wants to DJ for a while. He doesn't think the audience can tell the difference anyway.

Then that must have been on their most recent run of festivals with the new rig they had...it must have been profitable in the past - it doesn't make any sense to do two extensive UK tours in the same year if they're just gonna lose money.

Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 00:13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Then that must have been on their most recent run of festivals with the new rig they had...it must have been profitable in the past - it doesn't make any sense to do two extensive UK tours in the same year if they're just gonna lose money.

No it doesn't make sense at all. I'm not sure which tour(s) he was referring to exactly but he seemed pretty bitter about it. He's seemed pretty bitter about everything lately relating to Pendulum.
Helegad
Bass junkie

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 06:40

Quote:
Quote:
Agree on that! Its the joining of two very powerful types of music.
And that's the hook for most of us. When i first found pendulum I was very into metal/rock music but the high energy drum beats with the rock vibe drew me in. Now thanks to pendulum I mainly listen to edm. It takes a pretty huge band to change someone like that.

This.

I usually hung around Triple-J-Hottest-100-esque music and various types of EDM without actually really focusing on any of it, but ever since I got into Pendulum, a major part of my life has become EDM and I've even started producing my own tracks and practising on my shitty decks.

I wouldn't say it was 100% Rob Swire's doing that got me this far into it, but his work was definitely a major push.

Another big influence for me would be video game soundtracks. Every EA game has an amazing official soundtrack to it (NFS and Burnout especially), and it goes without saying that the GTA series' music is just as well done too.
kopiikat
Glowstick

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 10:21

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1qsf1Ejmt1qflqo6o1_500.png
Click!

http://i.imgur.com/OyMH7.png
Click!

Well, there we are. Just Rob being Rob, I guess.

Feel kind of sorry for all the guys. They must all be dealing with a shizstorm.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/OmREc.png
Clicky!

http://i.imgur.com/zaZfU.png
Clicky!

In other news, I just managed to get my first tweet from Gareth, and I think I looked like a doofus. :sniffle:
Knife Party
Bass junkie

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 11:58

Quote:
Quote:
And that's the hook for most of us. When i first found pendulum I was very into metal/rock music but the high energy drum beats with the rock vibe drew me in. Now thanks to pendulum I mainly listen to edm. It takes a pretty huge band to change someone like that.

The exact same thing happened to me!
javapalava
Super Moderator

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 12:42

Quote:

Quote:

This is quite an old article but gives an interesting insight into the music industry. Its not about a particular band but it will maybe give you an idea on why bands do not make huge amounts as you seem to think.

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

For everything that could have been, well at least we took the ride....
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 13:18

Quote:
Originally posted by Knife Party
Quote:
Quote:

The exact same thing happened to me!

I've been attracted to the music that mixes dance with rock for over 20 years but to find a band that does it WELL is difficult. I discovered "Fat Of The Land" by Prodigy in 1996 and then held that as the gold standard... until I found "In Silico" in 2009 and my life changed again.

This kind of music has changed my life 3 times now, but Pendulum has twisted it and turned my world totally upside down. I'm forever grateful to them and would be devastated beyond words if they broke up.
kregore_zmc
DnB editor

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 15:04

rob_swire
Free unused Pend break: https://download.yousendit.com/QlVpQk0vYWJVVGw3czhUQw < 174 bpm, 16 bars, 50 downloads then it expires :) (via twitter)
any1 got that? I saw that too late :(

me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
Knife Party
Bass junkie

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 15:07

^^ surely someone on here has it? Wonder what it's like?
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 31-3-2012 at 18:05

Quote:
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1qsf1Ejmt1qflqo6o1_500.png
Click!

http://i.imgur.com/OyMH7.png
Click!

Well, there we are. Just Rob being Rob, I guess.

Feel kind of sorry for all the guys. They must all be dealing with a shizstorm.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/OmREc.png
Clicky!

http://i.imgur.com/zaZfU.png
Clicky!

In other news, I just managed to get my first tweet from Gareth, and I think I looked like a doofus. :sniffle:

Feeling a lot better now

Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  8

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Cscript' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';' in /homepages/0/d429656469/htdocs/pendulumlive/pendulumlive/files/viewthread.php(663) : eval()'d code on line 63