Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  8
Author: Subject: Future of Pendulum as a live band
javapalava
Super Moderator

Mood: Excited!

thumbup.gif posted on 29-3-2012 at 21:08
Future of Pendulum as a live band

Guys rather than use the Knife Party thread,after all, their future is not in question, I think it would be better if we have a seperate one for all things relating to the future of the Band.

For everything that could have been, well at least we took the ride....
Gary
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 21:32

Go separate ways.

I would love Paul to do proper dnb stuff again, same applies for Sawka, in fact I think the two should work together.

As for Perry I'm not sure, he is a completely versatile guitarist so I'm sure he'll find something

believe me, i'm on your side
http://i40.tinypic.com/2csj7cx.gif
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 21:47

The problem here is not the end of the live set so much as the end of anything new. How can paul continue djing as pendulum if it's the same stuff we heard years ago.

I love knife party but to just kill off pendulum after promises of a return in 2013 is just a stab in the back to fans.

If they do decide to call it then in 5 years time when they decide they want to get a quick cash injection by doing some live shows (like so many bands that go away and come back) then why should anybody care.

This whole thing has a very dogsonacid feel about it when they changed from core dnb except we are now the people we all criticised

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
kopiikat
Glowstick

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 21:56

This whole thing is breaking my heart...

I respect that Rob wants Knife Party to be a legitimate, separate project, and that he doesn't want to be wholly defined by his past. And, I love Knife Party... I've gone to see them twice already.

But... I just wanted to see him sing, at least once. :sniffle:

I really hope he's just tired, and needs a break for a while...

Like a lot of you, I'd like to get Paul's perspective on this. It would be awfully boring to DJ the same music over and over and over again with no chance of anything new.

I wonder how we'd all feel if Knife Party music were being released under the Pendulum name...

(Sorry for the rambling thoughts... I have a fever.)
javapalava
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 21:58

Live shows don't make money!!! That has been one of Rob's problems. He tweeted to someone that he had lost a lot of money with all the production costs/lights/pyros and videos. There have also been tweets about "never sign to a major record label"

The whole Pendulum live production was fantastic and I loved, but I would still have enjoyed with less effects...its all about watching and listening to 5 superb musicians/artists. I don't need my music to be tarted up!
I find myself wondering that as a paying public do we demand more and more from this and any bands, doesn't the music speak for its self?

Gary
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:00

Paul has got to be pissed, as much as he will keep it to himself.

If Knife Party weren't as big as they are now, guaranteed it would still be a 'side project.'

Paul has got more talent on the decks than the rest of them so unless he lacks the creative juices Rob has, I don't see a reason why he can't go on. He needs to make money somehow...

javapalava
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:04

Well I'm going to see Paul & Ben on 21st April. I have seen before and they don't just play Pendulum tunes although they do feature in the set. As you can see from the official site there are a lot of future dates booked!!

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:06

The music would speak for itself java but there won't be any music to speak just the old frail music that people put into a home and stopped caring about.

As for the live set your completely right. My favourite set was probably camden crawl before immersion. It didn't have fancy 3d stages just insane people enjoying music.

My question is without the live band would pendulum have become as big as they did. I very much doubt it.

javapalava
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:07

Agree on that! Its the joining of two very powerful types of music.

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:12

Quote:
Originally posted by javapalava
And that's the hook for most of us. When i first found pendulum I was very into metal/rock music but the high energy drum beats with the rock vibe drew me in. Now thanks to pendulum I mainly listen to edm. It takes a pretty huge band to change someone like that.

kopiikat
Glowstick

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:15

What really makes me upset is the prospect of no new Pendulum music.

If this were all about ending the live shows, I'd be disappointed and all... but I wouldn't be nearly this upset. I'm thrilled with Paul's sets.
javapalava
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:16

Quote:
Originally posted by chrislawrance
Quote:
And that's the hook for most of us. When i first found pendulum I was very into metal/rock music but the high energy drum beats with the rock vibe drew me in. Now thanks to pendulum I mainly listen to edm. It takes a pretty huge band to change someone like that.

exactly the same for me, although I do still listen to a huge range of music, it now includes EDM

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:19

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by chrislawrance
Quote:

exactly the same for me, although I do still listen to a huge range of music, it now includes EDM
I can listen to other stuff but edm is so big now that it's a huge part of my catalogue

javapalava
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:22

Quote:
Originally posted by kopiikat
What really makes me upset is the prospect of no new Pendulum music.

I understand, but I learnt a long time ago that there ain't no point getting upset or wound up about something you have no control over

Gary
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:22

The live set has been described as 'revolutionary' etc... Don't see why he's changed his mind because acts like deadmau5 added a few instruments but it's still getting called a 'DJ set.'

The man has got a short nerve

javapalava
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:26

Everyones clamped down on Twitter, glad I'm not holding my breath....wonder what tomorrow will bring

kregore_zmc
DnB editor

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 22:39

My reflections are pretty the same as yours but:
1. I have never been to Pendulum's live show (they were in Poland several times but always on the far end)
2. Keeping in mind that disband means no new tunes already makes me ill (I remember that some of you were trying to guess possible names of new tracks - makes me sad even more)
3. For 3 years I've been listening mainly to Pendulum so now it'll be hard to make a substitution (ofc I'll keep listening to what they already made, but...)
4. Rob is kinda unfair to fans - if I were in his shoes (I know he does a lot of hard work, so dont run me down) I would release the last album, say goodbye and split up in nicer atmosphere, or warn people before, that sth like this might occur. What Rob does now is, as chrislawrance said, a nasty backstab to all of us (now I imagine him saying: side project is no longer "side" b*tchezz)
Nevertheless I hope we will recieve some sort of compensation (I mean unreleased stuff:smilegrin: ) but who knows.
In the end I'd like to mention Perry's situation - he has immense talent, hope he will have opportunity to be back on stage (btw it would have been really unfair if he had got the news via Twitter, not straight from Rob)
As for others: Ben has his Crunch label, Kevin raves on his own on drums and Paul... Paul is a human dnb machine pumped up with skill and inventive ideas (dunno why you say he lacks "juice" :P) so they aren't in that bad situation.
To sum up my afterthought only one words keeps banging my head, but due to late hour I wont post that :ninja:

me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
Gary
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 23:32

No unreleased stuff during Pendulum era because he had the "don't give a shit attitude" then, and it has most certainly not improved. Much less chance now.

kopiikat
Glowstick

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 23:36

All of them would do just fine on their own... That's what scares me the most, I think. None of them need Pendulum.
JC2
DnB editor

[*] posted on 29-3-2012 at 23:52

I think I saw on it Twitter a few days ago that Rob and Gaz are planning on moving to New York at some point. Don't hold me to that though.

Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:10

Quote:
Originally posted by JC2
I think I saw on it Twitter a few days ago that Rob and Gaz are planning on moving to New York at some point. Don't hold me to that though.

This is true. I saw it and my husband saw it. These were in 2 separate tweets as well.
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:11

Quote:
Everyones clamped down on Twitter, glad I'm not holding my breath....wonder what tomorrow will bring

That's because Jho probably told them to stop setting the world on fire.
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:12

Quote:
Originally posted by JC2

(I might add how excited this makes me seeing as how I live 45 minutes outside of Manhattan)
kopiikat
Glowstick

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:18

Quote:
Originally posted by JC2

Yeah, a few weeks back, Rob said something about wanting to leave London, and NY was on the list of places preferred. (As someone who lives in NY, I have no problem with this.) Then there was that tweet about getting married for Visa purposes... Then again, he also said a day ago that London felt like home for the first time in 9 years. Rob definitely changes his mind a lot.

Back on topic, though... It seems that if they have broken up, Rob is the only one that's aware of it.

Check out this tweet from Perry, or this one from KJ. Plus, Gareth still hasn't removed "Pendulum" from his profile, Paul is clearly named "elhornetpendulum"...

UPDATE FROM WHILE I WAS STILL WRITING THIS:

GUYS: https://twitter.com/#!/Perryguitar666/status/185505032085585920

Could Perry be the voice of reason...?
Rottenspice
DnB editor

[*] posted on 30-3-2012 at 00:20

Quote:
Originally posted by kopiikat
Quote:
Originally posted by JC2

Yeah, a few weeks back, Rob said something about wanting to leave London, and NY was on the list of places preferred. (As someone who lives in NY, I have no problem with this.) Then there was that tweet about getting married for Visa purposes... Then again, he also said a day ago that London felt like home for the first time in 9 years. Rob definitely changes his mind a lot.

Back on topic, though... It seems that if they have broken up, Rob is the only one that's aware of it.

Check out this tweet from Perry, or this one from KJ. Plus, Gareth still hasn't removed "Pendulum" from his profile, Paul is clearly named "elhornetpendulum"...

UPDATE FROM WHILE I WAS STILL WRITING THIS:

GUYS: https://twitter.com/#!/Perryguitar666/status/185505032085585920

Could Perry be the voice of reason...?

Who's to say Perry even knows what's going on? Perhaps Pendulum hasn't split, but perhaps Rob doesn't want to have anything to do with it anymore. Is it still Pendulum without Rob? My guess is no.
 Pages:  1  2  3  ..  8

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Cscript' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';' in /homepages/0/d429656469/htdocs/pendulumlive/pendulumlive/files/viewthread.php(663) : eval()'d code on line 63