Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: The Island - Riot Tapes Remix
TheRiotTapes
Glowstick

[*] posted on 18-8-2011 at 16:29
The Island - Riot Tapes Remix

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/pendulum-the-island-riot-tapes/s-SxBXH

It's pretty radically different, which means some may love it, others may hate it... It's only about 75% done... though I may never do the last 25%... ;)

Anyway, feedback would be cool. Most importantly I hope some of you enjoy it. :)
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 18-8-2011 at 17:12

It's good, i like it, the heavier guitars could feature a bit more for my liking

Vaguely reminds me of the Crimsonik remix...

TheRiotTapes
Glowstick

[*] posted on 18-8-2011 at 17:29

Quote:
Originally posted by celldwellerwannabe
It's good, i like it, the heavier guitars could feature a bit more for my liking

Thanks! Yeah, I know there's a few issues wit hit, timing wise... but overall I think it's a cool direction to take the song ;)

Thanks a ton for listening!!

Oh and maybe I'll add some more heavy guitar ;)
TheRiotTapes
Glowstick

[*] posted on 18-8-2011 at 17:33

changed the link (made it public): http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/pendulum-the-island-riot-tapes
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 18-8-2011 at 17:51

Quote:
Originally posted by TheRiotTapes
Quote:
Originally posted by celldwellerwannabe

Thanks! Yeah, I know there's a few issues wit hit, timing wise... but overall I think it's a cool direction to take the song ;)

Thanks a ton for listening!!

Oh and maybe I'll add some more heavy guitar ;)

More heavy guitar? Yay! :D

Dan C
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 18-8-2011 at 23:26

Quote:
It's pretty radically different, which means some may love it, others may hate it... It's only about 75% done... though I may never do the last 25%... ;)

Anyway, feedback would be cool. Most importantly I hope some of you enjoy it. :)

I'm not sure I like the alignment of the vocals, as it's not what I'm expecting. When you get into it you sorta don't notice and its ok up until the point you hit a verse/chorus transition, where you notice it again.

Do agree with the comment of some slightly heavier guitars in some places, but otherwise nicely done.

Is it out on Vinyl??!
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4782758187_da3312810e_o.jpg
The only person to have done a gabber remix of the island to date
TheRiotTapes
Glowstick

[*] posted on 19-8-2011 at 00:28

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan C
Quote:

I'm not sure I like the alignment of the vocals, as it's not what I'm expecting. When you get into it you sorta don't notice and its ok up until the point you hit a verse/chorus transition, where you notice it again.

Do agree with the comment of some slightly heavier guitars in some places, but otherwise nicely done.

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I like the vocals being all weirdly aligned, but that's just me ;)

I may mess with again at some point and change them back around... it was only a few hours work... and for fun :)

Go To Top