Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Propane Nightmare
PJUK
Glowstick

[*] posted on 24-7-2011 at 22:07
Propane Nightmare

Hi Guys

I have a feeling this is a totally inappropriate request for this forum but as a band we are getting desperate.

We are from the south of the UK and we are a 'metal festival' covers band ala Download Sonisphere playing Korn, Slipknot, NIN, Limp Bizkit etc. Over the last 6 month we have embraced and gigged the likes of Voodoo People from The prodigy and we are desperate to Bring Propane Nightmares to our fan base and to it on our travels but we need the main synth hook to do so.

Can anybody help with this as we need it minus drums.

Again, apologies if this is inappropriate request.
harryisere
Drifter

[*] posted on 24-7-2011 at 23:31

Hi, the only way you would be able to gain access to just the synth lead would be to find the original multitrack/stems which unfortunatly aren't availible.

You would have to make or get someone to make the synth lead on some music production software. It would not be an exact replica of the original synth, but im sure most music production software will allow you to combine a range of synth samples to create a similar synth. I myself have been using Fruity Loops for around 5 years and have a number of VST plug-ins that should allow me to create a similar synth lead. I could try and make it for you tomorrow after I finish work unless anyone else reading this could make it for them. Hope this helps :).
PJUK
Glowstick

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 10:43

Hi Harry

I couldn't tell you how eternally grateful we would be if you could knock something up for us. We are so keen to share the love for Pendulum at the many shows we do. It is great when you have a venue full of hardened metallers to then unleash the likes of Propane on them. Let's call it educational :-) But it's something we believe in and love playing. A guitar playing the lic just isn't cutting it.

As I say, would be so very very grateful to anyone who could help us.
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 17:13

i made this for you. not sure if its any use or what your looking for tho:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/3hv_zQ5B/propanesynth.html

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
PJUK
Glowstick

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 17:23

Hi

I appreciate your efforts on this thank you but all we require is the main hook which comprises of a particular heavy brass saw tooth sound with a modulation effect. Your attempt is the right notes but the wrong sound :-(

We need that agression like the awesome original.

Do you have this sound or can anyone else out there help us spread the Propane love live?
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 17:47

Quote:
Originally posted by PJUK
Hi

I appreciate your efforts on this thank you but all we require is the main hook which comprises of a particular heavy brass saw tooth sound with a modulation effect. Your attempt is the right notes but the wrong sound :-(

Do you have this sound or can anyone else out there help us spread the Propane love live?
to get the exact sound is quite hard. ive done a different improved file. ill see if i can find what your after tho

View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 17:52

this is pretty close. maybe with the live drumming and bass etc... it could work

http://www.4shared.com/audio/pa_76Tiu/propanesynthfix.html

harryisere
Drifter

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 18:19

Quote:
Hi

Try this - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSR2O7KH - I only spent around 5 minutes looking for heavy synths and stuff. Also included some trumpets in it :)
PJUK
Glowstick

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 19:12

Quote:
Originally posted by harryisere
Quote:
Hi

Again, thank you most sincerely but the agression or attack is not there in the synth sound I am afraid though of course all of your notes are right so good work.

Try this - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSR2O7KH - I only spent around 5 minutes looking for heavy synths and stuff. Also included some trumpets in it :)
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 19:16

Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Oh yours is really good :)

PJUK
Glowstick

[*] posted on 25-7-2011 at 19:16

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi

Again, thank you most sincerely but the agression or attack is not there in the synth sound I am afraid though of course all of your notes are right so good work.

A good effort Harry, thank you though again it doesn't quite have the right brass attack. I think the original is like 80% brass 20% saw edge?

I am confident that there are Pendulum fans out there that can crack this for us and guys, your efforts to date are genuinely appreciated but we won't rest until we can do the song justice in the clubs and venues we play with the all important right sound.
ezeckial
Mod & Promotions Officer

Mood: Mwuhahahaha

[*] posted on 26-7-2011 at 02:03

I dont mean to sound mean, but why dont you make it yourself or do it yourself as close as you can?
Your basicly trying to get someone to do it and claim the glory...?

PJUK
Glowstick

[*] posted on 26-7-2011 at 10:07

Quote:
Originally posted by ezeckial
I dont mean to sound mean, but why dont you make it yourself or do it yourself as close as you can?
Your basicly trying to get someone to do it and claim the glory...?

A fair point and beleive me, if we had the means I wouldn't be on the forum pleading to your better nature. The only electronic equipment we use in our band is a Roland 6 pad trigger to which we upload hooks. It is frustrating that we lack the knowledge and ability to capture synth as an mp3 and hopefuly someone out there will feel inspired to help us. That person will of course take credit through our website and will not go un-rewarded for their efforts.
PJUK
Glowstick

[*] posted on 27-7-2011 at 11:13

Hi Guys

Any other of you DJ's / techno dudes able to have a stab at the Propane hook for us?

Desperate to spread the Pendulum love;)
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 27-7-2011 at 21:53

Quote:
Hi Guys

Any other of you DJ's / techno dudes able to have a stab at the Propane hook for us?

you would struggle to get better then harrys tbh. you could download fl studio and have a crack yourself with a propane midi

PJUK
Glowstick

[*] posted on 28-7-2011 at 10:13

Quote:
Originally posted by chrislawrance
Quote:
Hi Guys

you would struggle to get better then harrys tbh. you could download fl studio and have a crack yourself with a propane midi

Yes, I did appreciate harry's effort but with regret it didn't have the attack or fatness of the original. Can't say I have ever come across Fl Studio, I have only used Cool Edit Pro? What did you mean by Propane midi? To be honest I hate midi - as a band we have never been able to get it to work.
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 28-7-2011 at 11:44

The midi would give you the notes. You could then use fl studio to modify the sounds. That's what i did

Contakt
Glowstick

[*] posted on 2-10-2011 at 16:32

I dunno if your band is still looking for that Propane lead sound but i've got a patch i made a while ago if your interested ? Here's a demo of it...

http://www.4shared.com/audio/JQ4YryF4/Propane_lead.html

EDIT: Sorry about the quality :)
joe5280
Glowstick

[*] posted on 24-1-2017 at 20:31

Anyone still got a synth patch? :)

Go To Top