Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Nero Live
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 21-4-2011 at 12:54
Nero Live

How do Nero play live? Do they have a set up like C&S, with two keyboards and Alana singing all the time, or do they basically play a Dj set like Sub Focus but with extra lights and shit? And what do they play? I would expect them to only play their new songs, like Guilt, Me & You and Innocence so do they play other unheard tracks live? I am interested as i can't wait to see the tv footage of them and C&S playing R1BW

Thanks in advance!

ezeckial
Mod & Promotions Officer

Mood: Mwuhahahaha

[*] posted on 21-4-2011 at 14:18

Woah Nero are playing live now?
Dayumn! News to me!
I seen their DJ sets which are pretty epic affairs!

celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 23-4-2011 at 08:58

^ yeah, they announced it recently. They are playing live in support of Tinie Tempah, and then they are playing R1BW and I think Glasto

Visions
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 23-4-2011 at 15:23

Seen them live, at some shitty 15-19yr old ''rave'' no announcement that they were on, the only way I could tell was ''me and you'' being played. The crowd was shit also, just a bunch of 15-19 yr olds bobbing a litte, at one point they tried getting a mosh pit going lmao.
But NERO live I think it was two blokes and a laptop and some decks, that's the set up they had, I'm sure at a bigger event it might be different? :)

celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 26-4-2011 at 11:37

^ thanks for the info, hoping it will be more than that at the R1BW so i can record it and it be epic

hyperdemon
Junglist

[*] posted on 26-4-2011 at 17:11

Confirmed its gonna be a daft punk esque thing

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/hyperdemon/hyperdemsig.jpg
JC2
DnB editor

[*] posted on 22-5-2011 at 18:35

Well, here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFr0GaEiwaU
Looks pretty naff tbh, what exactly are they doing thats different from a contemporary DJ set?

Domz
DnB editor

Mood: Blissful

[*] posted on 22-5-2011 at 20:08

Looks shit lol. Remove the woman and you have a DJ set :|

In fact, just remove the woman totally, shes really annoying.

The ship has been destroyed, this is just the water soaking through...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/domlens/plc.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 22-5-2011 at 23:01

They should really go for a more c&s route. Get a live drummer in and actually play on keyboards.

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
JC2
DnB editor

[*] posted on 22-5-2011 at 23:28

It sounds like she's just singing over the actual studio vocals.

Domz
DnB editor

[*] posted on 23-5-2011 at 11:04

I think she actually is...Its appalling.

C&S just do decks I thought? With drummer

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 23-5-2011 at 15:21

Quote:
Originally posted by Domz
I think she actually is...Its appalling.

C&S just do decks I thought? With drummer

Na seen them twice. They have decks, keyboards and chase plays guitar aswell on tracks that need it

celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 23-5-2011 at 19:09

They are literally just playing the tracks from their laptops. Disapointing (I know i cant spell disapointing but what the hell). Alana is simply singing over her own vocals, as she stops singing but carrys on singing, if you know what i mean. They should be just like C&S, cos Me & You has guitar, all the songs have drums and synths that could be played live so...

on the plus side, we got to hear Promises, and what a good song that is! Check it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQPpRStgvpw

Hybrideyez
Raver behaviour

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-5-2011 at 04:40

Yeah, seems kinda a cop-out to call it "live" when it's just a singer and 2 (what appear to be) Djs. I don't mean for that phrase to be offensive, but from the video it looks like they each seem to be using an Akai APC40, or atleast something similar-based, along with that whole DJ look of "ok, i've just tweaked a fader, now i'll awkwardly stand still whilst bouncing my head and wait till i have to make the set look 'live' again"

That being said, i'm sure what they're doing is what Pendulum were trying to establish as being somewhere between a live set and a dj set (by triggering samples in Ableton etc).

But really, there are a LOT of electronic acts these days who are trying to establish a "live set" through a load of different ways. Maybe this is just the way Nero want to do it, or maybe they're still just finding their feet, and will gradually drop out pre-recorded sounds with ACTUAL live music.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Domz
DnB editor

[*] posted on 24-5-2011 at 11:26

Apparently Sub Focus was 'live' last May.

Check me with ma CD-J's. At least use vinyls if youre gonna attempt it :|

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 24-5-2011 at 14:50

If that's a live set then Im playing a live set everytime I go on iTunes and sing over a song

celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 24-5-2011 at 17:42

Quote:
Originally posted by Hybrideyez
Yeah, seems kinda a cop-out to call it "live" when it's just a singer and 2 (what appear to be) Djs. I don't mean for that phrase to be offensive, but from the video it looks like they each seem to be using an Akai APC40, or atleast something similar-based, along with that whole DJ look of "ok, i've just tweaked a fader, now i'll awkwardly stand still whilst bouncing my head and wait till i have to make the set look 'live' again"

That being said, i'm sure what they're doing is what Pendulum were trying to establish as being somewhere between a live set and a dj set (by triggering samples in Ableton etc).

But really, there are a LOT of electronic acts these days who are trying to establish a "live set" through a load of different ways. Maybe this is just the way Nero want to do it, or maybe they're still just finding their feet, and will gradually drop out pre-recorded sounds with ACTUAL live music.

I agree to be fair. hope thye are finding their feet, and will upgrade theier set a bit cos all they're doing is using samples on a laptop

and someone mentioned Subfocus live, he used an actual synthesizer and controllers as well as an ableton-esque program, so he's halfway there

Go To Top