Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
Author: Subject: Glasgow 1st December - Braehead Arena
Kevin-McD
Drifter

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 00:42
Glasgow 1st December - Braehead Arena

Amazing as usual! Highlights - Comprachicos, circle pits at every song and DIFFERENT DUBSTEP VIP!!! Lowlights - No encoder and its was only 3quarters full :(

Still fucking amazing as always!
gong
Junglist

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 00:45

Any bare breasts?
JC2
DnB editor

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 01:00

Being 3quarters full sounds like it was down to the snow. Rob Said on twitter for the people who didn't make it to hold onto their tickets as they are sorting something out?

Kevin-McD
Drifter

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 01:25

Yeah saw that. There was nobody sitting in the seats at the back at all. Reading fbook that they played encoder but i cant remember it.
erihs
Glowstick

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 02:33

They did play encoder

The setlist was something like

Genesis
Salt in the Wounds
The Vulture
Showdown
Slam (maybe a new intro for this? or one I hadn't heard before at least)
Fasten Your Seatbelt (went for island, Ben started talking about taking you back to summer, but looked like some technical problem)
Witchcraft
Midnight Runner
Voodoo People
Different
Comprachicos
Island Pt 1/2
Propane Nightmares
Granite
Tarantula
Blood Sugar
Encoder

Watercolour

Pretty sure these are the tracks they played, but the order is probably wrong. The only one I'm not sure about is maybe crush, but i don't remember them playing it. Also not totally sure if the encore was only one song, maybe because I'm absolutely shattered now!

Overall the gig was really good. Hadouken very quiet - you could easily have a conversation with the person next to you, couldn't hear the beats well, if someone was singing next to you it drowned out the singers vocals slightly. Could have been so much better if they were louder.

Pendulum were amazing. A few technical issues at the start of Fasten Your Seatbelt & Witchcraft, or at least it appeared that way. The 'heinous switch' was Different I think, and sounded really good. Comprachicos was good live, and I'm not really a fan of the song. Encoder was awesome, the ending was really impressive. Bit disappointed at the lack of Crush (I think?) and very disappointed at The Tempest not being played. In my opinion they should have dropped Salt in the Wounds and Midnight Runner, and make the encore Watercolour, Crush, The Tempest.

Does anyone have any insight as why they don't seem the play The Tempest often? To me it seems like it would be a massive crowd pleaser, and I'm guessing a lot of people that are going to pendulum gigs won't have been at the In Silico tour, just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
javapalava
Super Moderator

Mood: Excited!

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 09:06

Just setting off in the snow now for the NIA :spin:

For everything that could have been, well at least we took the ride....
Domz
DnB editor

Mood: Blissful

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 16:31

MIDNIGHT RUNNER, Noone else seems to like this live, I fucking love it!

The ship has been destroyed, this is just the water soaking through...

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/domlens/plc.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Rogue
Glowstick

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 16:41

Quote:
Originally posted by Domz
MIDNIGHT RUNNER, Noone else seems to like this live, I fucking love it!

It was so good at doncaster, i loved it.
Hopefully they can put Crush in at some point, but it looks like a decent setlist.

Doncaster Dome - 22nd May 2010
Newcastle Metro Radio - 9th December 2010
Gary
DnB editor

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 17:20

no crush, no tempest and no other side and no hold your colour.

why do they always treat glasgow like this. we deserve at least 1 of the above.

i couldn't make it because of transport anyway so it doesn't affect me.

believe me, i'm on your side
http://i40.tinypic.com/2csj7cx.gif
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Boko
Raver behaviour

Mood: Excited

[*] posted on 3-12-2010 at 00:40

I hope they put crush into the setlist before Newcastle :P Hopefully with it coming out as a single they will. I was also looking forward to hearing the ABC remix :(

In Silico - "so far sounding like some space war alien funk symphony from the year 3712, that somehow travelled back through time and landed in 2007 by mistake..."
ollie
Pendulum Webmaster

Mood: Needledrop Sound

[*] posted on 3-12-2010 at 00:51

Any photos or video links guys?

Martin & Rhoades audio examples - http://bit.ly/1PlWENI
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
Kevin-McD
Drifter

[*] posted on 3-12-2010 at 05:45

Pretty decent hd vid of the vulture :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTnrcOmmjfA
hyperdemon
Junglist

[*] posted on 3-12-2010 at 12:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEwjWE-HhII

I want my Different (Electro Remix) back :(

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b316/hyperdemon/hyperdemsig.jpg
Ryan
Raver behaviour

Mood: tired

[*] posted on 3-12-2010 at 15:04

Gary, did you get a ticket, if so hold onto it, Rob said the promoters are thinking about doing something for those who couldn't make it due to the weather. I was gutted they only played 1 song for the encore, I was gutted there was no Tempest, I don't understand why they don't play it more often as it is a real crowd pleaser.

"The Sounds of my Creation at my Door".

Go To Top